F. Payton & Son has a proud history of supplying musical instruments and accessories to the music trade for over 120 years. Our long and stable relationships with many of the world’s leading suppliers allows us to offer efficient and competitive service to music stores and education supply companies all over Australia and parts of the Pacific region.
Known as a market leader in the supply of orchestral string instruments, Paytons also have a strong presence in all aspects of musical product, including guitar, drum, brass, wind and folk.
Established in 1881 in London’s Fleet Street by Francis Payton, F Payton & Co was a thriving wholesale, manufacturing and import-export company supplying “all Musical Requirements” throughout “Great Britain and the Colonies” as well as many other countries around the world.
In the early 1900’s, the company changed its name to F. Payton & Son when Francis’ son, Valentine, joined the company. The company underwent various transformations during the turmoil of two world wars, and passed to Valentine’s son, John, on his return from military service after World War II. The modern F. Payton & Son was formed in 1972, after John emigrated to Sydney, Australia in 1969 where it continues under the direction of John’s two sons (fourth generation) who have, in turn, been joined by two of John’s grandsons (fifth generation).